OFI UK Fan Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everton-AEK 4-0

2 posters

Go down

Everton-AEK 4-0 Empty Everton-AEK 4-0

Post  antfouk Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:54 pm

We know where Greek football ranks in Europe, but our worst opponents are English teams. Everton murdered AEK, and made a full demonstration of what happens when the fastest League in the world rubs shoulders with a static, slow and physically inferior Greek team...

antfouk

Back to top Go down

Everton-AEK 4-0 Empty Re: Everton-AEK 4-0

Post  simonofi Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:37 pm

I agree that AEK looked like am amateur team in comparison with Everton.
However you are talking about a top 6 team from the strongest league in the World.
This should highlight to Greek football as a whole that unless they enforce a mutually beneficial team wide TV right agreement upon all Super League teams the gap between OSFP and the rest will grow season by season.
And it would have to be forced as the big two wont want either the loss in income or the opportunity for the other teams to catch them up.
simonofi
simonofi

Back to top Go down

Post  antfouk Mon Sep 21, 2009 9:02 pm

You're spot on about the TV rights. Kokkalis's tactics has been to keep the pie as small as possible, provided no-one else gets a finger in it. Now Panathinaikos, until last year with a separate TV contract, has joined the rest in an almost united front, first because his outlook - his brand - is less provincial and more outward-looking, and second because it fits his anti-Olympiakos rhetoric. Now, I do hope the rest force an agreement upon Olympiakos, as the 'eternal champions' Evil or Very Mad are so short-sighted, that they have failed to see where their persistence has led them: they have created a double-headed monster that strikes fear in Greek referees, but which no-one takes seriously in Europe, despite the ridiculous number of consecutive championships Evil or Very Mad I think that Olympiakos can't keep the rest at bay for long, which I think will be a new beginning for our football. More money is poured and more 'reliable' people seem to squeeze into Super League teams - it's not revolution, but still some progress compared with the recent past.

antfouk

Back to top Go down

Post  simonofi Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:21 pm

Sounds good to me mate, and eventually if they get a unified TV deal in the long run even OSFP will understand it's for the best of everyone.
Lets hope OFI are up there amongst the first Super Leauge to be played under it! Very Happy
simonofi
simonofi

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum