OFI UK Fan Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expectations

4 posters

Go down

Expectations Empty Expectations

Post  Cullenakis Wed Sep 09, 2009 9:39 pm

OK, a lot of season tickets have been sold, over 2000 so I hear, but we have lost a lot of players. This is hardly surprising.

What are your expectations for the season? Automatic promotion at the first time of asking? I'm not too knowledgeable about the teams in this division. I'll have to wait and see as the season progresses. Who can give the low-down on how difficult it's going to be?

Edit: I've just noticed a similar thread but I'm way too important to search for these things, merge as you please
Cullenakis
Cullenakis

Back to top Go down

Expectations Empty Re: Expectations

Post  matador4herso Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:00 pm

One thing is 4 sure.We gonna be the champions sooner than the end of the championship.
My expectations have to do with the young players.I wanna see some of them being starters this season.We got plenty.And as soon as we r ready with b ethniki ,we have to built the team for the soup-liga,based on local players like Pero,Kasme,Kokkinakis,Stathoglou and some youngs that came this year such as Panos,Pesic,Zorbas,Marinkovic...

matador4herso

Back to top Go down

Post  Cullenakis Thu Sep 10, 2009 7:21 pm

matador4herso wrote:One thing is 4 sure.We gonna be the champions sooner than the end of the championship.

Well, let's hope so. I'm not quite as certain.
Cullenakis
Cullenakis

Back to top Go down

Post  simonofi Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:34 pm

I guess I am in the camp of: We are FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE so I will take the rest as it comes and just be thankful for that and support the team in anyway I can.
I have seen teams here in England make radical changes to the playing staff like OFI have done this summer and I have to say it usually leads to a slow start because of the unfamiliarity between the players in a competitive situation. Whether we improve from there will very much depend on the coach's.
simonofi
simonofi

Back to top Go down

Post  antfouk Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:08 pm

Well, I'm not based in Crete, so I haven't seen any friendlies, but my impression is also that we're going for automatic promotion.

Most of us are relishing our first independent season more than actual promotion, but maybe we should all ask ourselves again after a couple of matches Smile Going up is vital for the club's purse, too.

Scanning all our opponents's rosters, and without claiming much expertise on B' Ethniki, I think ours is second to none. Besides, simonofi, you're right about slow-starters, but the thing is that most teams have changed substantially, too. Olympiakos Volou has almost as many new players, and same applies to the strong teams that came up from the lower league, like Doxa and Panaitolikos. I think that Kerkyra is a team to watch, with Panserraikos coming close. There's much hype about Olympiakos Volou, but their 'star' signing Kabantais tore his ligaments, and their fans are so worked up, that they have almost got their team punished before the season even began. After booing Myron Sifakis in our friendly, they stirred up some trouble with Aris' fans, and now they racially taunted Cisse! It seems to me their populist scumbag president, Beos, has tried to 'bond' with them to gain acceptance and flatter his ego, but their combination is lethal and the team's gonna suffer!!!

Which brings me to why we have to protect our team this year. We're part of the club now, we all know Yedi Koule is a huge weapon, let's not stifle it...

antfouk

Back to top Go down

Post  simonofi Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:25 pm

Great point, with the Genti Koule alive no team is going to get much from us at home Very Happy
simonofi
simonofi

Back to top Go down

Post  Cullenakis Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:04 am

simonofi wrote:Great point, with the Genti Koule alive no team is going to get much from us at home Very Happy

Good fucking point! Bring the fuckers on!
Cullenakis
Cullenakis

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum