OFI UK Fan Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OFI dinner last night

2 posters

Go down

OFI dinner last night Empty OFI dinner last night

Post  simonofi Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:34 am

I saw Kourakis held a dinner for the past and present members of the Committee of OFI.
It was interesting to hear that he admits the club is still in financial difficulties, and that goes some way to explaining our inability to complete the transfer of Ogunsoto and the loss of Leozinho.
I have a huge respect and affection for Kourakis and all he does for our club.
He is an honest, open and decent man and I have complete confidence while he is at the helm we are moving forward.
And I hope it continues after he steps down at Christmas.
simonofi
simonofi

Back to top Go down

OFI dinner last night Empty Re: OFI dinner last night

Post  antfouk Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:59 am

Well, there are some shadows over certain business dealings, but they do NOT have to do with his handling of OFI. In any case, he's leaving at the end of the year, and it's not easy to replace someone with his experience and connections.
Kourakis is a man of actions, not words. He's very practical and as a mayor he's moved forward with projects that I had been hearing about since I was a kid. I don't always agree with the end result, but I recognize his effectiveness and good intentions. It's not accidental that he has been most severely attacked for his business dealings by two former mayors, who were utter failures at the helm...
It's no secret our financial situation is not rosy. Nobody's is... I'm trying now to squeeze my expenses and get a few more shares. It's a bad period for everyone, but no timing is bad for independence!!!
Only Volos, with Beos' income from all sorts of virtuous activities, seems to be cruising financially...

Last edited by antfouk on Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total

antfouk

Back to top Go down

Post  simonofi Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:07 am

Over the years I learnt that you never get anywhere in this life without dancing through a few shady corners.
The guy does what he says and delivers.
Having seen him at work close up during those wonderful weeks that turned our club around for me Kourakis is only to be respected.
I only wish he would stay on longer.
simonofi
simonofi

Back to top Go down

Post  antfouk Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:10 am

Yeah, if you watch him at work, his energy is impressive. And he's so SPECIFIC, almost too specific for a politician!

p.s. just edited the previous post you replied to.

antfouk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum