OFI UK Fan Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This week's rumblings

2 posters

Go down

This week's rumblings Empty This week's rumblings

Post  simonofi Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:47 pm

The OFI board met and condemned the actions of a few idiots at the weekend, meanwhile the President of Agrotikos continues to try and maximize the situation and fuck OFI as much as possible.
As I also understand OFI have been asked to explain what happened in Rodos.
Looks like out fellow league members want to drag us down as much as possible.
Here's hoping we dont given them anymore excuses.
Has the OFI fan involved in the incident spoken at all?
simonofi
simonofi

Back to top Go down

This week's rumblings Empty Re: This week's rumblings

Post  antfouk Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:27 am

So far it's more like... OFI Jekyll vs OFI Hyde...

Agrotikos will try to make as much fuss as possible, while we'll try to downplay the incident. It's natural, the case is open; it's lawyers' time!

Basically we've got a very convenient deferment (is that the right word?) for the Rhodes case. Got to do with the timing of a potential punishment. So the court is on Oct 21.

As for the guy, the fan clubs have been dealing with him. So, no, I can't say if he has imparted traces of his wisdom to humanity...

antfouk

Back to top Go down

Post  simonofi Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:59 pm

Is that so when we get a ban it will be at the right time?
simonofi
simonofi

Back to top Go down

Post  antfouk Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:01 pm

yep, absolutely. I think next home game is against Panserraikos, so we'd better stick to the Yedi Koule advantage for the time being. To be honest, I never expected we'd get such a long deferment in the Rhodes case - a whole month! This time it's good for us, but such arrangements smack of backstage dealings, and I'd feel a lot safer without them - too many sharks in the division, who may take advantage of any loopholes later in the season...

Obviously, our fans should help the club defend itself. One first consequence, though, is that the League board voted to abolish the 15% tickets' allocation for away fans. That's a shame for our support, because our fans would follow the team everywhere. Although I'm not happy with this at all, I think that maybe, just maybe, it could benefit the team short-term. It seems to me that our players have not yet dealt with the weight of expectation. They haven't gelled as a team yet, which is natural, so they're more vulnerable to stress and pressure. So, I'm not totally excluding the possibility of them playing better away from home and without fans for a month or two. Well, I'm trying to find the good in what is basically bad news - not sure if I've even convinced myself, though! Rolling Eyes Not to mention that some of our fans will still be there, but not as organised trips. Some will definitely go to Kalamata tomorrow.

Anyway, tomorrow's game is on TV - we'll have more to discuss! Very Happy

antfouk

Back to top Go down

Post  simonofi Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:08 pm

All I need now is a functional ET3 online stream to see the game!
If anyone posts any links on the snakes forum please let me know Very Happy
Our fans are eager to show their love having been denied the opportunity for so long, and that will also settle down in time as the team do.
I heard Stavrakakis was taken off after half an hour last week, and I am wondering if the emotion of the day got to him as much as the fans?
simonofi
simonofi

Back to top Go down

Post  antfouk Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:53 am

simonofi wrote:All I need now is a functional ET3 online stream to see the game!
If anyone posts any links on the snakes forum please let me know Very Happy

I will!

Our fans are eager to show their love having been denied the opportunity for so long, and that will also settle down in time as the team do.
I heard Stavrakakis was taken off after half an hour last week, and I am wondering if the emotion of the day got to him as much as the fans?

Maybe, I'm not sure. I wasn't there, but from what I've heard, all our right wing underperformed - Manousos was taken off too. Man, playing in Yedi Koule after 4 years, under such emotional circumstances can take its toll on anyone... I'm sure the team will settle down in a while, and only the opponents will feel the heat - until then, I'll be happy if we just keep contact with the leaders.

As for tomorrow, Bertin is out with gastroenteritis and Tzanis is stepping into the starting line-up. Also Perogamvrakis is replacing Manousos and Agritis is starting on the left instead of Marinkovic, with Pesic as a lone striker. Pesic looks like a godsend, a bonus out of nowhere! I didn't doubt his gift, but never expected to have him back; when I heard he's joining us again, I expected some overweight, pampered kid fresh out of his summer holidays; instead, he looks the real deal! Very Happy Overall, Nicky has so many options! I'm really curious to watch how we'll play in 4 months from now...

We'll catch up tomorrow, with good news on the streaming front, I hope!
Very Happy

antfouk

Back to top Go down

Post  antfouk Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:58 am

just to explain a bit better why we tried, and managed, to get the Rhodes ruling delayed:

The accusations we face for Rhodes are not serious, even if we're found guilty; on the contrary, it's very likely that we'll get a one-match for Agrotikos Asteras. If we left things take their natural course, we could get a light punishment for Rhodes, but would then be considered "persistent offenders" and have our punishment doubled, I think, for Agrotikos Asteras. Reversing the order of the two rulings as we did, we will be punished first for Agrotikos, but obviously our punishment for Rhodes will not be disastrous, even if doubled.

antfouk

Back to top Go down

Post  antfouk Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:35 pm

no news yet on the ET3 stream front... Neutral posted a question earlier on the Snakes forum, so keep your fingers crossed... Smile

antfouk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum