OFI UK Fan Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EURO BASKET 2009

4 posters

Go down

EURO BASKET 2009 Empty EURO BASKET 2009

Post  matador4herso Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:01 pm

Well,Britain is participating too,maybe its 1st time.I know that basketball is not a sport tat is cultivated in the Island,but what do you think that they would do?
And how about Greece.The two biggest stas are not there for different reasons,but they look like a strong team again.I suppose that we gonna be at least in the 5th place,maybe even higher...But England and Basketball..is like Greece and ice hockey...

matador4herso

Back to top Go down

EURO BASKET 2009 Empty Re: EURO BASKET 2009

Post  simonofi Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:05 pm

I have watched both our opening games at Eurobasket.
Team GB is a new creation in preparation for the London Olympics of 2012. We used to play as England, N. Ireland, Scotland, Wales etc but as we compete at the Olympics as GB they changed it.
So far I have been very impressed with our standard Very Happy
Greece of course are something very special and I will be supporting them all the way to the final I hope Cool
simonofi
simonofi

Back to top Go down

Post  matador4herso Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:10 pm

English basketball is not a joke anymore,Simon.You are doing very well in Poland and that is hopefull.Basket is a great sport,i dont know how close you follow it,but it deserves some attention.
Even some tactics in football are coming from basketball.Such as rotation,zone-press,etc...
And here is an example of that.Imagine Barca,pressing the oponnent in order to find the right asist(also from basket this word)the right pass to score.The ball is on the right to Henry,then Xavi->Iniesta->Mesi that gives a sure goal to the one in the center for position.Just like basketball.Passing game,till you find the free shooter or you give the ball in the tall guy under the basket... Wink
Britain is a big ,usefull market that will help basketball to be even more competitive.So well done for your team and welcome in the world of basketball...

p.s.By the way OFI Basketball is about to be in A2.We didint manage it to do it in the season,cause of some mistakes inside and outside the field.But in Larissa,that there were two teams,they cannot stand it and they gonna make one,some others in A2 have big debts and they ll prefer to go in B ethniki ,so propably we are going to be in A2.
But thats another big issue.You see ,we need a lot to be done in order to have a great team capable for the A1...

matador4herso

Back to top Go down

Post  simonofi Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:12 pm

I was lucky enough to get to an OFI basketball game last year and it really opened my eyes to the sport friend.
To be honest I am a little puzzled by the lack of interest in the sport here, after all, it's indoors and like you say has many characteristics that are similar to other team ball sports.
Maybe this new GB team and is's particiapation in the Olympics 2012 in London will help Very Happy
simonofi
simonofi

Back to top Go down

Post  Cullenakis Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:39 pm

Basketball is a sport for gay men. Everyone knows this.

Those that watch basketball are also gay. I'll be reading the replies in this thread with interest.
Cullenakis
Cullenakis

Back to top Go down

Post  antfouk Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:55 pm

I once said more or less the same thing about cricket to an English housemate of mine. I told him that cricket seemed to me not to be totally at ease with human adrenaline: "ok, we have some, but not too much..." I still remember his reply: "do you thing it's gay to have someone like Brian Lara attack you?" Well, no, God forbid... Very Happy

antfouk

Back to top Go down

Post  Cullenakis Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:40 pm

antfouk wrote:I once said more or less the same thing about cricket to an English housemate of mine. I told him that cricket seemed to me not to be totally at ease with human adrenaline: "ok, we have some, but not too much..." I still remember his reply: "do you thing it's gay to have someone like Brian Lara attack you?" Well, no, God forbid... Very Happy

Haha. Good point.

Oh, and....
Cullenakis
Cullenakis

Back to top Go down

Post  matador4herso Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:50 pm

Well mr Culenakis having such an opinion about basketball conclusethat whether you are too short(so you cant play,)whether you re...

matador4herso

Back to top Go down

Post  simonofi Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:06 pm

Basketball is really growing on me since I was introduced to it live at VAK.
I would suggest to anyone who has not experienced the sport to go and watch it live with an open mind before casting it off and putting it down.
simonofi
simonofi

Back to top Go down

Post  Cullenakis Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:17 pm

People take this way too seriously on here.
Cullenakis
Cullenakis

Back to top Go down

Post  antfouk Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:44 pm

don't take this to heart, mate! I love basketball, but you put up a good fight - your video is a gem! Which one is you? Very Happy

antfouk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down