OFI UK Fan Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Agrotikos match thread

4 posters

Go down

Agrotikos match thread Empty Agrotikos match thread

Post  simonofi Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:30 pm

F/T 1-0 win for OFI
Pesic scoring in the 85th minute.
simonofi
simonofi

Back to top Go down

Agrotikos match thread Empty Re: Agrotikos match thread

Post  simonofi Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:43 pm

simonofi
simonofi

Back to top Go down

Post  antfouk Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:02 pm

On one hand, I want to thank everybody for helping us live this moment (even from distance Crying or Very sad ): from Machlas and his team, to the players, the fan clubs, all simple omilites who boosted and cheered the team to independence and victory.
On the other hand, I feel shit that ONE single prick stained OUR happiness and placed OUR team in danger. I was gonna go to the bank this morning for an extra round of shares. Instead, here I am sitting in front of my pc and reading our forums, because I NEED to hear that WE are ALL committed to protecting OUR team, before I go and offer hard-earned money to OUR cause.
I haven't got over it yet, but I'm happy to see that ALL posts unequivocally condemn what happened and demand action against it. It's certainly not the same case as Rhodes, but it's encouraging to see that this time we're ALL on similar wave-length. We MUST do something about this, we must own up to our shit and deal with it, otherwise there's a nightmare ahead: multiple punishments, bans, fines, a financially-shaken team, vendettas with half of the Greek cities and towns, failure to attract more fans for Omilos, and a future of stagnation in B' Ethniki.
What the heck, the bank's gonna be open tomorrow, too. What about our minds?

antfouk

Back to top Go down

Post  simonofi Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:34 pm

My friend, take it in perspective.
Yesterday was a very very emotional day for everyone.
Of the 8,000 inside 10 got carried away and one did something silly.
I am absolutely devastated I was not there yesterday, I felt sick all day and even avoided looking at anything to do with the game because while it made me proud it also made me really sad I missed it.
This is a learning experience for our fans. For decades we have been under a Black cloud and now the light it streaming in. A very few of our guys need showing a better way to transmit their love for the team, it's just a teething issue.
Just 3 short months ago I would have never believed I could ever see anything like that inside the Genti Koule.
OFI is back, and while from a selfish perspective I am devastated I missed it, from a fans perspective it is just wonderful.
simonofi
simonofi

Back to top Go down

Post  simonofi Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:44 pm

simonofi
simonofi

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon_OFI_Shrewsbury_Town Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:01 pm

Excellent videos Smile

Leon_OFI_Shrewsbury_Town

Back to top Go down

Post  antfouk Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:44 pm

simon, there wasn't much action in the forum, so I thought you hadn't resisted a little trip and you were actually in Crete. Smile I totally sympathize!!!!! Crying or Very sad
Well, I tried to listen to it on the radio, but there were no more streams available, so I ended up at the Snakes' chat room, with some merciful fellow fan describing to the rest what was happening!!! Still, the anticipation was enormous!

I don't disagree with you at all!!! I just can't help fearing for the team... There's a long history behind what happened (which actually cost dearly to our basketball team last year - not sure if you know about this), just like in every team in the world. But, from what I've seen today, our fans do realize that they have to protect the team from those few who seem to compete with it for the world's attention.

It's on the news that we're under investigation for Rhodes, too. I really hope this comes to nowhere, because , if we're punished, we'll be considered 'persistent offenders' (not sure of the terminology here), and we'll be seriously f****d for Yedi Koule... If not, it's more likely that we get something like one match without fans plus a fine - which is sad, but not a disaster.

antfouk

Back to top Go down

Post  simonofi Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:18 pm

If they go further than a one match ban of fans and a fine they will probably cause even more trouble!
I hope they see it as a couple of over enthusiastic supporters on a unique day Smile
simonofi
simonofi

Back to top Go down

Post  antfouk Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:59 am

Yep, I guess that will be our lawyers' line of defence Cool You know, police incompetence (how can one deny it in general? Very Happy ), unique incident, provocation from the Asteras player, which is a key point. It seems the player was provoked but he hit first, which is good news for our legal team.
I have a sense that this year football justice will be tougher because of changes in its structure (I guess that with the money poured in by TV they have to show they're protecting their product a bit better). In the recent past, teams with big support that were salvaged from difficult financial situations - with PAOK being the prominent example, were cut some slack in such cases. I hope they recognize that OFI under Kourakis is no longer the 'public order risk' it had become under Vatsinas and that the new regime has been too 'stretched' so far to cater for everything, but is willing to do its best to avoid such incidents. It's a 'political' judgement - they've tried to avoid hitting hard administrations that could, in the long term, bring more stability into a club. Maybe, fingers crossed, we'll even avoid the ban... Iraklis, though, is a quite closely similar case this year, and they got a one-match ban and a fine... Let's see...

antfouk

Back to top Go down

Post  simonofi Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:11 am

And after a big screen outside the Genti Koule and 8,000 in the street! Very Happy
simonofi
simonofi

Back to top Go down

Post  antfouk Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:19 pm

plus a record attendance at the neighbouring terraces!!! Very Happy

(that's always been a cult feature of Greek football for me...)

oh, btw, talkin' about 'cult', I received this link about an amateur team in Northern Greece, near Serres. I think it's priceless!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNokrXs4WdQ&feature=player_embedded

I've played a few matches at this kind of level, but still I gathered enough memories to keep me laughing for the rest of my life Very Happy

antfouk

Back to top Go down

Post  simonofi Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:32 pm

Laughing Great link
simonofi
simonofi

Back to top Go down

Post  Giannis4 Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:37 pm

ΟΦΗ for a life guys, next time organisation will be perfect and yeh we will rock Very Happy:D:P:D:D:P:D:D

Giannis4

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down