OFI UK Fan Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kalamata match thread

2 posters

Go down

Kalamata match thread Empty Kalamata match thread

Post  simonofi Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:17 pm

1-1 F/T

Agritis scored in the 86th minute to earn a draw for the Omilos after Chatzis had opened the scoring for Kalamata just after the half hour mark.
simonofi
simonofi

Back to top Go down

Kalamata match thread Empty Re: Kalamata match thread

Post  antfouk Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:47 pm

More positives than negatives:
-We dominated for 70 minutes, we had way more scoring opportunities, and then were lucky to get the draw. We had something like 8-9 clear-cut chances to score, to Kalamata's 2. In particular, Konstantinidis went for glory from short distance on the left, while 3 teammates were waiting for a simple tap-in, as did Wlodarczyk under slightly worse circumstances later; the linesman raised his flag with 2 of our players rushing towards the goalie, without even a suspicion of off-side; Kokkinakis aimed high with a header 2-3 metres from the goal line, when it would be far easier to score.
-Impressive performances by Agritis, who dazzled on the left wing; Organista who played a very good game both in his holding and his creative role - he made the pass where the goal came from; and Kiassos, who made a mockery of his age - true leader. Solid performances by Natsouras, Vezyridis, Kokkinakis.
-A shocker by Stavrakakis, who was replaced for the third game in a row - almost gifted a goal when he attempted to dribble an opponent right outside our penalty area, while he had an easy pass; Barcauan was ridiculous at Kalamata's goal, and he really should get another job in pole dancing - as the pole.
-The weather played its role. Very bad terrain, that hampered the team that made an effort to play football.
-Great attitude. They just went out, gave it all, and tried to play good football and follow the coaches' plans. I'm proud we're building a team that doesn't seek to steal results. I feel they respect me as a fan, as well as their tradition of quality football. And I'm sure that as soon as they gel as a team, they will overcome the strong, refuse-to-die character that seems to be the defining feature of most teams in the division.

I could do with the three points, no question - but there are many reasons to be cheerful! sunny

antfouk

Back to top Go down

Post  simonofi Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:56 pm

simonofi
simonofi

Back to top Go down

Post  simonofi Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:57 pm

Our proud away support!

simonofi
simonofi